Cosmetic Bonding is a simple, fast and effective way to improve your smile. A popular procedure in cosmetic dentistry, bonding is an additive procedure for front and back teeth to enhance the smile and eliminate tooth decay or damage. During the process, a composite dental resin is bonded onto the teeth and then sculpted for a natural, esthetic result. Composite bonding is suitable for patients of all ages and offers a conservative approach to cosmetic and restorative concerns.
Dr. Grapevine is an experienced cosmetic dentist and can achieve natural looking results with tooth bonding to address a wide range of common dental concerns:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Tooth decay
What Is Tooth Bonding?
Dr. Grapevine’s artistic skill and expertise play a key role during tooth bonding procedures since the dental resin is sculpted by hand without the use of molds or impressions. Dental resins come in a rainbow of tooth-colored shades for a perfect match to your natural teeth. No one will notice that you’ve had tooth bonding, but they will see your beautiful smile.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dental Bonding
- Natural, esthetic solution for chips, cracks, covering stains on teeth, wear, and other damage.
- A relatively inexpensive procedure that is often covered by your dental insurance.
- Completed most often in a single office visit.
- With whitening performed before bonding, can brighten one’s smile.
- Although it does not last as long as porcelain, it does last an average of 5-10 years.
Advanced Cosmetic Bonding with Bioclear
Cosmetic bonding is evolving with the development of Bioclear, an advanced composite material that can be used to address “black triangles” between teeth, diastemas and other concerns often requiring a dental veneer. Dr. Grapevine can use Bioclear to make over your smile with minimal to no tooth preparation in a single visit to our Plano dentist office.
Bioclear can offer several key benefits for your long term dental health when compared to alternatives including dental veneers:
- No need to degrade a large amount of tooth surface
- Material is both stain resistant and durable
- Reduces the risk of tooth decay and gum disease by eliminating spaces where food can become trapped
Bioclear is also easy to repair should damage occur and does not have an effect on the health of your gums. Dr. Grapevine can use Bioclear and traditional composite bonding to address a range of concerns and improve the aesthetics of your smile:
- Gaps between teeth, diastemas
- Peg laterals
- Black triangles between teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Discolored teeth