Dr. Jacob Grapevine offers discreet and comfortable options for patients looking to realign their crooked teeth. Teen and adult patients with mild to moderate orthodontic concerns may be able to correct their smiles using Invisalign® or Smart Moves clear aligners. Clear aligners are an efficient, comfortable treatment for realigning crooked teeth that will not disrupt your professional or social life like traditional metal braces.
Why Should You Fix Orthodontic Problems?
Orthodontic issues are chronic conditions, meaning if the alignment issues are not corrected, the teeth will continue to shift and move. The cosmetic issues are the most obvious concern, but crooked or misaligned teeth can contribute to some health and functional dental risks such as:
- Difficulty brushing and flossing
- Gingivitis and gum disease
- Receding gum line
- Tooth decay
- Bite problems
- Chipped, worn or broken teeth
- Worn or abraded tooth enamel
Depending on the person’s specific condition, the problems can cascade into more complicated bite problems and TMJ related disorders. Treating orthodontic issues early on allows for the most conservative treatment options.
Invisalign Clear Aligners
Dr. Jacob Grapevine is a Plano Invisalign® provider, offering this convenient and comfortable orthodontic treatment option to teens and adults. Invisalign is one of the most popular and effective ways to address both cosmetic and dental health concerns. Many teen and adult patients with mild to moderate orthodontic concerns benefit from Invisalign.
Invisalign can treat crooked teeth, crowded teeth, overbite, and cross-bite with clear retainers that are comfortable, easy to use and discreet- no one has to know you are wearing braces.
Enjoying your healthy regular diet and keeping your teeth clean is easy with comfortable with removable aligners. Each set of aligners should be worn for about 22 hours a day but can be removed for brushing and meal time.
After an initial consultation, Dr. Grapevine will use Invisalign software to plan your treatment and address your concerns.
Most patients will receive several sets of retainers; each pair is worn for about two weeks to reposition the teeth gradually. The length of treatment depends on your condition as well as your goals. Invisalign treatment is typically completed in a year or less. Special retainers and follow up visits with Dr. Grapevine will help you to maintain your straighter smile.
Dr. Jacob Grapevine offers treatment options for patients needing mild to moderate orthodontics to address a range of cosmetic or dental health concerns. Both Invisalign and Smart Moves provide convenient, invisible treatment for teens and adults.
Smart Moves Clear Aligners System
This treatment option is ideal for young adult and adult patients who are suffering from orthodontic relapse or for those who have minor alignment concerns. The average treatment time is about six months, compared to alternatives which can typically take a year or more.
Similar to Invisalign, Smart Moves uses a series of clear aligners, or retainers, to gently reposition the teeth and restore a healthier bite. Patients can quickly remove these aligners for eating and daily oral hygiene. The soft, comfortable materials used reduce irritation of soft tissues in the mouth.
Dr. Grapevine will thoroughly evaluate your dental health and discuss your cosmetic concerns and goals before recommending a treatment plan design to meet your needs.
Your procedure will begin with impressions of your teeth to be used in making your custom aligners. Once ready, you will be given instructions on how to use the aligners and when to change them during the course of your treatment. Dr. Grapevine will monitor your progress during scheduled visits to ensure a good result.
Benefits of Clear Braces
Clear braces are an ideal way for patients to straighten their crooked teeth later in life. Many adults believe that they are ” too old” for metal braces and fear the stigma and discomfort of wearing them. Clear braces give patients a way to improve their bite and the appearance of their smile with confidence.
Benefits of Clear Braces
- Removable: Clear aligners are removable. This allows patients to maintain their regular oral hygiene routine during treatment. Patients can brush and floss all surfaces of the teeth preventing the development of cavities and tooth discoloration often associated with metal braces. Patients are also able to remove the aligners while they eat, so they do not have to limit their diet.
- Discreet: The clear aligners are custom designed to fit snugly over teeth. The transparent material is barely visible to others, and patients can speak and carry on normal interactions without the fear of embarrassment.
- Comfortable: Clear braces aligners are designed to slowly and comfortably realign the teeth. Each set of aligners will shift teeth further into alignment. The material is smooth and does not damage the lips, gums or other soft oral tissues. Clear braces do not require painful tightening appointments.