Dental Crowns An Overview
Plano, Texas dentist Dr. Jacob Grapevine offers a wide range of treatment with dental crowns. There are many types of materials that can be used for tooth crowns and Dr. Grapevine will help you select which is right for you. In most cases, Dr. Grapevine will recommend porcelain dental crowns because of they provide structural healthiness, great cleanability, and long-term durability.
Dr. Grapevine may recommend a dental crown for a wide range of cosmetic and dental health concerns:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- To strengthen a tooth after a root canal
"Dr. Grapevine went beyond my wants and gave me a better smile I never thought possible. I just wanted to replace my missing teeth, he not only gave me teeth, but he boosted my self-esteem and my smile is ten…Anonymous
"I was enormously impressed with the work that Dr. Grapevine put into designing the crowns, so they would look amazing. The process was as painless as possible and before I knew it, I had the teeth that I had always…Anonymous
"I have been a patient of G Family Dentistry for the past 8 years, and cannot imagine ever going to another dentist! The "family" part of the name says it all, as they really treat their patients as family."Anonymous
Dental Crowns What to Expect
Dental crowns are sometimes called “caps” because they are placed over the tooth, covering the entire tooth structure. The material used for porcelain dental crowns is extremely natural looking. The restorations are created in fine layers which reflects light the same as natural tooth enamel.
Dr. Grapevine follows a simple process for treatment with dental crowns:
- Consultation & Evaluation – first, you will see Dr. Grapevine for a consultation and evaluation. Here, he will examine your teeth, gums and mouth to diagnose your condition. Dr. Grapevine will outline a personalized treatment plan to address any functional or health concerns and achieve your cosmetic goals.
- Preparation – next, the tooth is prepared to accept the dental crown. Any old fillings will be removed to create a solid foundation for the porcelain dental crown. Dr. Grapevine will take an impression and select a color for the dental crown to match the natural teeth.
- Temporary Dental Crown – in many cases, Dr. Grapevine will create a temporary dental crown to protect the tooth while the final restoration is being made in a dental laboratory.
- Final Fit & Cementation – when it arrives from the lab, the dental crown is tried on for fit, shape and color. Any minor adjustments are made before the dental crown is permanently bonded to the tooth.
Caring for your dental crowns after your final appointment is easy. A regular routine of dental cleanings and examinations will help to identify any issues that might arise after the procedure. Dental porcelains are highly resistant to stains so you can be sure that your porcelain dental crowns will look white and bright for years to come.
Dental Crown Before & Afters
Dr. Grapevine is dedicated to achieving natural looking results that will last a lifetime.
See more dental crown before and after photos in our Smile Gallery
Our Patients Say It Best
“I was enormously impressed with the work that Dr. Grapevine put into designing the crowns, so they would look amazing. The process was as painless as possible and before I knew it, I had the teeth that I had always wanted. I love to smile now, I don’t feel like I have to hide my teeth, and I actually like having my picture taken.”