Tooth sensitivity is one of the top dental concerns among patients. Patients who suffer from tooth sensitivity may have a difficult time drinking or eating hot or cold foods, which can make routine task very uncomfortable. Plano dentist Dr. Jacob Grapevine takes the time to listen to each patient and address their dental concerns. Dr. Grapevine will examine your teeth and determine the best solution for you oral needs. It is best to visit our Plano dental office as soon as possible to help relieve your tooth sensitivity.
Tooth sensitivity can happen for a number of different reasons. It’s important to identify these causes and take steps to minimize your tooth sensitivity.
(1) You may be eating a lot of acidic foods. Try minimizing the number of acidic foods you are consuming to protect your tooth enamel.
(2) You may grind your teeth while you sleep. It’s difficult to know whether or not you grind your teeth, which is why it is important to visit Dr. Grapevine. Dr. Grapevine can examine your teeth and identify the signs of teeth grinding and may suggest a mouth guard.
(3) You may have gum disease. Gum disease can affect your gums and teeth, which can lead to tooth sensitivity. Practicing healthy oral hygiene habits and visiting our Plano dental office twice a year can help minimize your chances of developing gum disease.
(4) You may have a cracked or chipped tooth that is exposing a tooth root. An exposed tooth root can cause tooth sensitivity, pain, and discomfort.
(5) Your toothpaste may have whitening properties that are causing your tooth sensitivity. Make sure you check your toothpaste and find out if it is right for you.
Schedule An Appointment
Dr. Grapevine is dedicated to providing patient focused, comprehensive dental care to each of his patients. He proudly serves the Plano, TX area and many surrounding communities, including Dallas, Allen, McKinney and Frisco. If you are looking for an experienced, compassionate dentist, schedule an appointment with Dr. Grapevine. Patients can schedule an appointment online or call (972) 268-6480.